19.8.08

Doctor 4/5B, the Mad Scientist says ...







How do we test the hardness and strength of the brick?


(1) hammer


(2) bulldozer(supplied by Hallie and Amelia)


(3) kick it


(4) drop test/ comparison


(5) freezing


(6) piercing the brick with a sharp object


(7) heat


(8) stamp

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to have a go at all of them.Ryan.H.4/5B

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr B
I think that the one that will work will be the hammer it will work because the brick will break a lot because the brick will have to be pretty strong!

From Brooke 4/5B

Anonymous said...

Hi
It would be fun to do all of them but I think that droping it would work because you could see which type of brick broke first and piercing it with a dart will work because the farther it goes the softer it is.I think that to see how strong the brick is then it would be a good idea to step on it because you would know for certain how much it could hold.
Victoria 4/5b

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr.B
I think that heating would to the test well because you can measure the crack or no crack but it is so much fun.

From David
4/5B

Anonymous said...

Hi
Its so amazing that the Plaster of Paris brick might be stronger than the Super Brick.

Kiara 4/5B

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr B
It was so fun doing the super brick today I had so much fun. Alot of people had bricksthat look like clay.

Kara 4/5B

Anonymous said...

I think the drop test and the comparison would be the best because your testing the strength and the hardness.Our group thought we could compare chalk with the plaster of paris brick

From Fabiola 4/5B

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr.B

I think the drop test and the comparison would be the best because the drop test is testing the strength and the hardness.Our group thought we could compare chalk with the plaster of paris brick.

From Fabiola 4/5B

Anonymous said...

Hi

I think that the drop test will be a good idea because if you drop it from a height that is pretty big it will probably not break.And maby frezzing will be a good idea because it will probably break.

I think every one of there are good ideas!

Josh 4/5B!

Anonymous said...

All of the testing ideas are great ideas and they all would have probably worked prettt well.
Tessa 4/5B

Anonymous said...

Hi that was so fun.The drop test was a good idea.

Vicyoria 45b